The spiritual battle is in your mind. This is why Jesus said in John 8:32 "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free". Through the power of the Holy Spirit and trusting in Christ and his Word (God's Truth), we can be set free. We must remind ourselves often of these truths!
Here below are 20 truths written as 'Why questions' to refresh your soul and to counter the lies of Satan and the world that seek to enslave you.
1. Why should I say I can’t when the Bible says I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength (Phil. 4:13)?
2. Why should I worry about my needs when I know that God will take care of all my needs according to His riches in glory in Christ (Phil. 4:19)?
3. Why should I fear when the Bible says God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind (2 Tim. 1:7)?
4. Why should I lack faith to live for Christ, when God has given me a measure of faith (Rom. 12:3)?
5. Why should I be weak when the Bible says that the Lord is the strength of my life and that I will display strength and take action because I know God (Psa. 27:1; Dan. 11:32)?
6. Why should I allow Satan control over my life when He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)?
7. Why should I accept defeat when the Bible says that God always leads me in victory (2 Cor. 2:14)?
8. Why should I lack wisdom when I know that Christ became wisdom to me from God, and God gives wisdom to me generously when I ask Him for it (1 Cor. 1:30; James 1:5)?
9. Why should I be depressed when I have hope and can recall to mind God’s loving kindness, compassion, and faithfulness (Lam. 3:21-23)?
10. Why should I worry and be upset when I can cast all my anxieties on Christ who cares for me (1 Pet. 5:7)?
11. Why should I ever be in bondage knowing that there is freedom where the Spirit of the Lord is (Gal. 5:1)?
12. Why should I feel condemned when the Bible says there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Rom.8:1)?
13. Why should I feel alone when Jesus said He is with me always and He will never leave me nor forsake me (Matt. 28:20; Heb. 13:5)?
14. Why should I feel as if I'm cursed or have bad luck when the Bible says that Christ rescued me from the curse of the law that I might receive His Spirit by faith (Gal. 3:13-14)?
15. Why should I be unhappy when I, like Paul, can learn to be content whatever the circumstances (Phil. 4:11)?
16. Why should I feel worthless when Christ became sin for me so that I might become the righteousness of God? (2 Cor. 5:21)?
17. Why should I feel helpless in the presence of others when I know that if God is for me, who can be against me (Rom. 8:31)?
18. Why should I be confused when God is the author of peace and He gives me knowledge through His Spirit who lives in me (1 Cor. 2:12;14:33)?
19. Why should I feel like a failure when I am more than a conqueror through Christ who loved me (Rom. 8:37)?
20. Why should I let the pressures of life bother me when I can take courage knowing that Jesus has overcome the world and its problems (John 16:33)?
Adapted from Victory Over the Darkness by Neil Anderson, pp. 114-116.