This is probably the biggest NEED post we've ever posted. We need lots of prayer, shares, support and help/advice.
A few days ago we took almost 1 year old Wayne (Baby Wayne as we call him because we have 2 Waynes) to the hospital because he wasn't feeling well and his fingernails and toenails were purple. He got to the hospital and his stats were all over the place and the Dr on duty said Wayne has some sort of heart issue going on. Once he was "stable" we took him to see a cardiologist about 3 hours from our home. She did an echocardiogram and saw a heart that needs surgery and needs it asap.
Wayne has a LARGE HOLE and TRUNCUS ARTERIOSUS. That is his official diagnosis and all the information we have been given about his condition. He has had this since birth, but it has gone undetected, which the Dr was surprised and a bit confused by. She said he definitely needs surgery and this surgery isn't done in Kenya. She said they usually refer to India for this procedure, but that it can be done in America. We are checking into some other places, but really we are in over our head so to speak because clearly this will take a team of expert specialist to fix.
Specific prayer points
1. We get a clear direction on where surgery is to be done.
2. Getting Wayne out of country would be an easy process, we are already working on paperwork.
3. Surgery steps happen quickly or at the correct speed for Wayne.
4. Any funding/transport/housing needs are met.
5. Wayne's health while waiting for and during surgery would get and remain stable.
6. That the Drs who will be operating on our sweet boy would know exactly what to do for him.
7. Emotions for all of us. Wayne is dearly loved and cared for by many and we will be splitting off to get him the best care possible.
Please share this post and connect Jeff or myself to others, especially Drs who may be of help. Right now this is all kind of overwhelming because there are so many details that need to fall into place. If you are able to give towards Wayne's medical cost I will put the donation link in the comments and you may mark your donation for Wayne.
If you would like to contribute financially to Wayne’s medical care, any amount helps! Please click this link: