Mercy Home update!
1. Jeff's leg is A LOT better! Praise the Lord for that because once I realized we were dealing with MRSA I was freaked out about how long he had been walking around with this infection. I have a recent picture should you medical people want to see it.
2. Samuel came home today! We were there when the Dr's were doing rounds this morning and one Dr said she didn't think Samuel would make it one more day when he first came in. It is such a blessing to get to see these children live and thrive. However, we now have a hospital expense of $820 to cover, but we know he is worth it and God will provide for Samuel.
3. We didn't announce it, but we also had another little one in the hospital for a few days. Silale (See-La-Lay) had malaria and was treated at home, but she never fully bounced back. After taking her for testing it was discovered that she also had a bacterial infection and very low blood count so she needed to stay and get a blood transfusion. During her stay she was tested for HIV twice. Both test gave different answers, so her blood has been sent off for a 3rd test. Please pray that there would be no HIV found in her blood work. Please also pray for money to come in to cover all of these medical expenses, we've been hit extremely hard lately with 3 in the hospital, one of those 3 required surgery and we've had a lot of dental work done. The only money we have to pull from is our weekly budget and land/finish Mercy Home fund. We are trusting God to cover these funds as we believe that each child here was brought to us by God. All while He knew their exact needs, so we continue to trust and follow Him.
4. Our 3 little babies we took in are doing great! Minnie is gaining weight daily, she is no longer malnourished and she is even getting a little chunky. Gracious and Joy are eating and responding so well! Both girls are interacting with us more and more and they never turn away food.
5. We have been hugely blessed with a new sponsor, a business that has committed to supporting Mercy Home monthly! We have been praying for our donor base to grow and God is answering that prayer. You will now see their logo on our newsletters and website in recognition of their love. A huge thank you, which is never enough, goes out to Mike Mazyck Realty of North Texas! Anyone who has a business and wants to sponsor any of AFM Ministry's work can do so by contacting David at email@example.com for more information.
Thank you for following along, loving us, sharing our journey and giving when the Lord guides you to. The children you are supporting here are worth every single penny!
Added note from DC Shelton: We also want to shout out a huge THANK YOU for our other two business sponsors who have been helping us for months now, Charity Center Kenya, and Five Plus Two Ministries that you will now see on our website and email updates! Thank you all who give, whether $5 or $5000 You are helping us change lives and literally save lives in Kenya for Jesus! We need you all to do this well.